Blah

I've been running pretty bad lately down to $17 and change on the site and with a lot of other stuff going on I haven't been playing much. Jumped into the $.50 1R1A Omaha tourney tonight hoping to turn things around. 5 players total with a rebuy and a couple of add-ons (including one from me). I'm playing pretty well and get down to 3 handed but I'm the short stack when the following hand comes up.

With blinds at 100/200 and with 3547 chips I open for 700 OTB with A♠QTT. Both blinds call. Flop comes down Q7♣6♠. Checks to me and with 2847 left and 2100 in the pot I'm basically committed with any decent sized bet, so I elect to shove and try and take it down right there. SB folds but BB calls with JJ♠5♠4♣ but the turn and the river thankfully brick with 9 and K♠ respectively and I get a huge double up. Only a 52/48 favorite when the money went in so basically won a flip there. LOLMAHA!

Win another few hands and I get into heads up with about a 2:1 chip lead and manage to basically stay there but can't eliminate him. Get ATT♣5♣ in the BB and with blinds at 200/400 with a 50 ante he raises to 800. I call (opponent had been limping the vast majority of the time in this spot fwiw). Flop comes Q♠7♠4and it goes check-check. Turn Tand I check, hoping to induce a bet. He checks behind. River 6♣ and I bet pot, 1700 hoping to maybe get a call out of naked aces or perhaps a 2-pair type of hand. Instead he shoves for 4686. Can't fold here, it just looks like he backed into a set of 6s so I call and of course AK85and rivered a straight.

Despite that managed to get back to close to even in chips with him and get A♣K♠8♣2and limp with blinds 300/600 and a 50 ante. He has me covered by about 150 chips at this point. He checks and the flop comes 94♠2. Both of us check. Turn 2♠. He checks, I bet 975 and he raises to 4225. I have 5803 left and go with it. I'm concerned about a set but I think there has to be a lot of 2x hands in his range and I have the ace kicker. Nope, he had 9♠9♣8♠6♠ and I was down to 1 out and of course didn't hit it and GG me.

Really felt like I deserved to win that with the way I played and only lost because of two cooler-ish type of hands. All of that effort for a $.30 profit.

Hoping to take a trip to Twin River soon and check out their poker room. I don't really like to play no-limit cash games live though so will probably sit at a stud table (they don't spread Omaha unfortunately). Hoping I can go next week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods