Update

So haven't posted in a couple of weeks because I haven't been playing. Way too much other stuff going on right now. I did get a chance to do the GPP rebuy tonight and it was a grind the whole time. During the rebuy period I managed to win 1 hand and then despite playing very tight opened with 88 utg and got a raise and an all-in call behind me. I had seen these players fucking around so I called and they had A9 and KT respectively, and despite holding the same suit I never feel good about these situations and my feelings are validated when the flop comes QJx, followed by a blank turn and an A on the river. 

I do rebuy and then make it to the add-on period where I throw in another $.10 to get to around 3500 chips. Pretty much short stacked the whole time. Manage to open-shove UTG with AJ and win the blinds/antes. Another hand I am OTB with 77 and there's a few limps + a minraise from a big stack to my left. I put in my final 3k because I have to gamble and to my amazement everyone including the big stack folds!

Get down to about 23 left with 15 paying and I'm still on life support. I had Q8 from the CO and figured with first in vigorish that I had to go with it. About 6 or 7 BBs left. Folded to the BB who has me well covered and he calls with 44. Flop 654, turn blank, river 7. I'm still alive!

After that survive to the final two tables, winning one hand where I'm in the BB and the SB open-limps. I shove A7 and take it down. At that point had the two shorter stacks on my right and all big stacks on my left. One of the shorter stacks got it all-in with 2 other players who checked it down and of course he showed up with trip Qs at the end to triple up. 

I knew I couldn't just sit back and back my way into the money so with 17 left I had 65♥ in the CO and went with it. Two players called. Flop came all high cards with no hearts. I knew I was done and the turn and river provided no help either. Someone at the other table got eliminated and I went out in 16th as the bubble boy. Blech.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

LOL Redproaments

Foxwoods