21st

Made back-to-back deep runs with a 21st finish in the Sunday Freeroll (out of 391 entrants). No suckouts tonight, just happened to get it in with the best hand and have it hold up. Early on had KK UTG raised to 90 with 15/30 blinds. UTG+1 calls and the next player re-raises to 405. Folded to BB who calls! I shove, UTG+1 folds and the re-raiser calls all-in (I have him covered). BB folds and my kings hold up against J9. LOL freerolls.

Another hand I had 99 in EP after getting moved to another table. I raise to 2.5BBs which I've been getting away with against most of these players that play in this because they don't seem to treat a 2.5BB raise any different than a 4BB raise; they'll either like their hand and play or fold it. So I actually stole a few blinds doing that. Anyway a LP raiser reraises all-in for not that much more and the BB decides to cold call. I shove on top of the BB but he decides to call all in with 5♢4♢. The other player had AJo and flopped an ace, but the BBs horrible play allowed me to take the side pot and win some chips on the hand.

Made it to the money and stole a few more blinds but was pretty card dead. Was bleeding away chips on blinds an antes and never had anything remotely close to shove with even as my stack dwindled. Finally get AQo on the button and it's folded to me. I shove and the BB (who is the big stack at the table) calls with K8o. I flop trip queens and get a key double up. Another hand I get KK in late position and bust a guy that woke up with QQ in the blinds.

Still could not manage to get to the average stack however as there would be quite a few eliminations and we found ourselves down to the final 3 tables. Had a hand in the BB where an EP player minraised and gave me over 4:1 on a call with Q♡T♡. Flop comes 8♣6♣3♢ and I just check and fold when he puts me all-in. Had I flopped a pair or a draw I would have shoved but not there with just the two naked overcards.

Was UTG+2 when I folded 83o (after UTG limped and UTG+1 minraised) and resolved to go in on one of the next 2 hands. There was just a little problem. A late position player reraised and UTG+1 and UTG+2 got all-in with him and both got knocked out. That would put me in the BB the very next hand.

At this point the blinds were 1k/2k and a 250 ante. I have 4800 behind after posting the BB and ante. Get dealt J♠7♠ which is certainly not a bad hand for this spot. I resolve to go with it no matter what the action is in front of me. Folded to the button who limps. SB tanks and folds, I elect to just check and shove any flop. As I mentioned yesterday the stop & go never worked for me but there's no way he's folding to a pre-flop shove so gotta try it after 3 cards have been dealt.

Flop comes K♡4♡K♢ which is a pretty terrible flop to represent anything. Clearly he's not going to figure me for trips. The hand he could put me on here is a 4, a flush draw, or maybe a pocket pair. But there's no turning back at this point and stick in my final 4800. He actually does take about 15 seconds before calling with A♡3♣. We don't improve and he ends up runner-runnering a heart flush anyway and I'm gone in 21st. With a little bit better flop texture, it looks like I would have gotten a fold. Ah well.

I do cash for $3.75 and I've now built my roll on this site to $31.42.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

Update

Fantasy Football Spreadsheet