Moronic players are the worst players

- - DragonRoom Grand Poker - Game #9944075
***** Hand history for game #9944075 *****
Tournament #2728327 - Level 2
Blinds 15/30 NL Omaha - 9 Max - 2016/12/20 - 22:19:04
Table 1
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players: 6
Seat 1: moron1 ( 4590 )
Seat 2: seat2 ( 3105 )
Seat 3: moron2 ( 1905 )
Seat 4: seat4 ( 1350 )
Seat 5: hero ( 1290 )
Seat 6: seat6 ( 1260 )
moron2: posts small blind [15]
seat4: posts big blind [30]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ 2♥, 5♠, A♠, A♥ ]
hero calls [30] I went for the limp-reraise here.
seat6 folds
moron1 raises [135] It worked.
seat2 folds
moron2 calls [120] Woohoo, a caller as well.
seat4 folds
hero raises [1260] I just shoved making it CLEARLY OBVIOUS as to what I am holding (any other raise commits me so may as well just get it in here). Also, was playing very tight the up to this point.
moron1 raises [3900]
moron2 calls [1770] They don't fucking care. "I have 4 cards, I'm playing".
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3♠, T♣, 2♣ ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Q♥ ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6♠ ]
moron2 wins 3900 from main pot with a straight, six high [ 6♠, 5♦, 4♠, 3♠, 2♣ ]
moron2 wins 1230 from side pot with a straight, six high [ 6♠, 5♦ 4♠, 3♠, 2♣ ]

These are the hands that decided to contend with against me.

Hand Equity Wins Ties
A♠A♥5♠2♥ 50.95% 334,796 891
J♦7♣8♥4♥ 23.22% 143,658 18,247
Q♦5♦7♠4♠ 25.83% 160,416 19,138

So actually had a coin flip to triple up which of course is a great position to be in especially in Omaha but can't avoid getting unlucky. I do rebuy and make it past the end of the add-on period with 4 remaining and 3 paying. Moron2 was on a heater with most of the chips while my opponents and I were pretty close in chips. Managed to win a few pots and avoided being the bubble boy. After we get down to 3 I had A♣8♣8♠6♦ and defended against moron2 in the BB. He raised to 375 from the SB with 75/150 blinds. Flop came J♦4♣3♣ and he bet 900, I elect to put it in for my final 1300 and change since I think he was trying to buy it and I believed my 8s were good some of the time. Plus had the nut flush draw and an overcard that might also be good.

He had A♠Q♥7♥7♦ and the turn came the A♦ to give us both top pair but him the lead as he outkicked me. River came the 2♦ to knock me out in 3rd. My instincts were right but once again the worst player gets rewarded. With the 3rd place finish I made my money back less the 5 cent rake. This is how big of a favorite I was when we got it in on the flop. Sigh.


A♣8♣8♠6♦81.95% 672 0
A♠Q♥7♥7♦ 18.05% 148 0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Righting the Ship

Yep, a poker post

Fantasy Football Spreadsheet