Haven't been around for awhile, and haven't been able to play any poker in the last week. Came down with the stomach flu on Wednesday which caused me to be sidelined for Thurs and Friday and spent the weekend getting a few hours of work in and recuperating. I'm all better now so I hope to get some hands in this week. I've been mostly browsing the 2+2 forums, and man, I really think I can beat the higher stakes ($5/$10 NL). There's one hand I read that was quite interesting. I made an observation to myself before I read the replies which nobody in the thread thought about. Here it is: Basically we want to think about hero's image here. There's two key questions to ask 1) Does villain believe that hero would bet into 3 opponents on the flop without an A? 2) Does villain believe he can push hero off one pair with a flop shove? Those questions to me are the most important to ask, and nobody brought them up. I would believe that at this level the players at lea...
Not so long after my last post I checked my email and find that UB gave me a free $10 to play with. Take that along with the other $2.25 in my account and sit at the highest stakes possible, NL $50 full-ring. It just so happens to be a Bad Beat Jackpot table as well. Need to lose with quad 8s or better to qualify. Jackpot was around $189k, but some of that gets split between the other players at the table. Anyway, sit down, post in the CO. First hand 85o. Get a limper and a raise to $2.50 in early position, so fold. Fold the next crappy hand, and then get A 6 . Limper in EP, I decide to muck. Nice looking hand if I was deeper stacked. Flop comes A68 with 1 , turn blank, river 6. Would have coolered a guy who had 86. Someone else went to showdown as well, forget what he had. But Lame. Next hand I get dealt T T . Folded to me somewhere in middle position, I make it $2.50, five times the big blind. It gets folded to the blinds, who both call. Again, lame. Flop comes Q 7 2 . Checked to me...
Haven't had the chance to play lately unfortunately, but a few thoughts nonetheless. UltimateBet has updated its software, and well I'm a little disappointed. A few things I would have liked to see are: 1) Stack sizes of the players when you're looking for a game and 2) Fix the stupid hand history crap. Starting with the first thing, stack sizes are very important in a no-limit game. I really only want to play in a game where most if not all the players are sitting with 100bbs or more. I still have to go into the game to see how much each player has, and it's a little time consuming. Not a huge deal since I'm getting used to it, but I think it's something that's a pretty easy addition. The hand history thing is something that really needs to be fixed. On every other major site (Stars, FT, Party), you can have your sessions recorded into poker tracker without having to open the hand history (which you can't even minimize) on each table. Also, on UB you ha...
Comments