Haven't played in months, decided to boot up ACR and play a bit. Still have a few bucks on there. Winning Poker, Omaha H/L Pot Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 4 players UTG (Hero): $0.67 (34 bb) BU: $1.65 (83 bb) SB: $2.87 (144 bb) BB: $2.23 (112 bb) Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with T♣ K ♦ Q ♥ 9 ♥ Hero raises to $0.05, 1 fold, SB 3-bets to $0.17, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.12 This guy is an aggro donk. Raising almost every hand. Not going anywhere in this short handed game especially, even with a high only hand. Flop: ($0.36) T ♦ 3♠ J♠ (2 players) SB bets $0.36, Hero raises to $0.50 (all-in), SB calls $0.14 Good enough, let's dance. Turn: ($1.36) T ♥ (2 players, 1 all-in) Good turn. MOST GOOD. River: ($1.36) 5♣ (2 players, 1 all-in) Total pot: $1.36 (Rake: $0.06) Showdown: UTG (Hero) shows T♣ K ♦ Q ♥ 9 ♥ (HI: three of a kind, Tens) (Equity - Pre-Flop: 33%, Flop: 58%, Turn: 95%, River: 100%) SB shows 3 ♦ A ♥ A ♦ 7♠ (HI: two pair, Aces an...
Took the afternoon off Friday and headed to Foxwoods. Got to the poker room at around 2 and I was looking to play 4/8 Omaha8. However, the list was about 8 people long, and the person at the desk said that there was an interest list going for 1/2 Pot-Limit O8. It was open seating at that point, so I joined in and soon we had a full table of 10 people and the game got going. Early on I made a pretty bad blunder with a strong hand. I had A Q 4 2 on the button and called a $6 raise. One of the blinds also called and the flop came with 2 clubs and 2 low cards, giving me a Q-high flush draw and the nut low draw. I called a $12 bet from the preflop raiser, the other player folded and we were heads up. The turn was the 5 , completing both of my draws. The PFR checked and I checked behind (I know, terrible). The river was th e , 5 putting a possible full house on board. He checked again and I not only check behind but I turn my hand face up instead of letting my opponent reveal his cards. My...
Haven't been around for awhile, and haven't been able to play any poker in the last week. Came down with the stomach flu on Wednesday which caused me to be sidelined for Thurs and Friday and spent the weekend getting a few hours of work in and recuperating. I'm all better now so I hope to get some hands in this week. I've been mostly browsing the 2+2 forums, and man, I really think I can beat the higher stakes ($5/$10 NL). There's one hand I read that was quite interesting. I made an observation to myself before I read the replies which nobody in the thread thought about. Here it is: Basically we want to think about hero's image here. There's two key questions to ask 1) Does villain believe that hero would bet into 3 opponents on the flop without an A? 2) Does villain believe he can push hero off one pair with a flop shove? Those questions to me are the most important to ask, and nobody brought them up. I would believe that at this level the players at lea...
Comments